The Sydney University Pharmacy Association was established with a vision to unite and inspire students to step outside the boundaries of academic life and to excel.
To aspire for a better network of Pharmacists.
To aspire towards a more holistic education.
To aspire to lend a hand to the needy in the community.
To aspire for a healthier lifestyle.
To aspire to defend their profession and its values.
To build a community of friends and professionals, built around honesty, respect and caring for people.
Current Election 2017-2018 Term
It is that time of year to elect a new SUPA committee to take over at the end of this semester. There are 6 positions up for election, and each position will be held from June 2017-May 2018 with the executive team consisting of:
- Bec Loder
- Johnny Phuong
- Wassi Hossain
- Chloe Tobin
The current positions up for election are as follows:
1) NAPSA National Councillor
2) Merchandise Officer
3) Professional Development
4) Events Officer
5) Communications and Technology officer
6) Community Awareness Officer
The requirements for all positions are:
1. Must be a SUPA member
2. Must be a CURRENT Access member
3. Must be a full time student currently studying a B.Pharm (1st, 2nd, 3rd year) or M.Pharm (1st year)
The dates that are important for these elections are:
• 15/05/17 -Monday Week 10 – Nominations OPEN for all positions
• 23/05/17- Tuesday Week 11- Nominations CLOSE for all positions
• 09/06/17 - Friday Week 13 – ELECTION DAY – votes are cast
If you would like to run for any of the above positions...
- Please email email@example.com with: Subject (ELECTIONS) your NAME, SID, GRADE, ACCESS card number and the position you'd like to run for.
- You MUST have 2 people to second your nominee - please have their name and SID also in the email.
Late Week 11 - the nominees will be announced
Elections will take place from 12-2pm in the SUPA office during Week 13 on Friday 9TH JUNE.
This is a great opportunity for anyone and everyone to get involved!!!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are interested in as the subject line and if you have any more questions we are more than happy to answer them.
xx SUPA Committee 2016-17
Bryson Hawkins, Matthew Perry, Adrian Siu, Evie Armstrong Gordon
History and Awards
The first documented pharmacy student society at the University of Sydney was formed in the 1920 and was officially named The Sydney University Pharmacy Association (SUPA) in 1943, with the late Les Cashen AM as President. We proudly provide services, advice, representation and organise social events for our 800 plus subscribed members and 1300 plus pharmacy students.
SUPA is amongst the largest societies on campus and has been successful in winning University of Sydney Union awards, including the Club/Society of the Year Award, Publications Award, Most Improved Audit award and Best Audit award. SUPA prides itself on providing high quality representation and services to benefit the social and academic lives of students.
SUPA supports its members throughout their academic career through core programs such as:
Educational events to help provide pharmacy students with a more well rounded education.
The provision of text books and equipment essential for the completion of the academic course.
Sporting events, through interfaculty sports and charity matches.
Social events for students to network and meet fellow student pharmacists
Acting as the contact point between pharmacy, pharmaceutical and health organisations and bodies and the pharmacy students.
SUPA will continue to provide into the future, with the assistance of sponsors, services to encourage the commitment, competence and confidence of pharmacy students within the University of Sydney.
Providing Pharmacy Students with opportunity
SUPA organises over 12 social events annually including pub crawls, barbeques, trivia nights, cruises, the annual ball and more:
- Similarly, we assist the Faculty of Pharmacy at student information days and open days at the University;
- We sell reference books, textbooks, and dispensing equipment required for the course at substantially reduced prices;
- We organise annual second-hand book sales, allowing students to easily buy and sell second-hand textbooks from other students;
- We provide student input at the Faculty of Pharmacy’s Teaching and Learning Committee;
- Our year representatives present student issues and represent students at staff-student liaison meetings;
- We design and sell merchandise including hoodies and our (in)famous annual t-shirt;
- We coordinate the Pharmacy teams in the interfaculty sporting competitions;
- We are the contact point between pharmacy organisations, such as the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (PSA), and students – free membership of these organisations is offered at our office;
- We can provide you with advice and refer you to the right people for any issues or enquiries you might have as a pharmacy student;
- We publish our newsletter The Mortar on a regular basis;
- We receive several leading pharmacy publications such as Pharmacy News and offer copies to members for free;
- All SUPA members are automatically members of NAPSA and therefore receive all NAPSA benefits too.
University life brings with it many challenges and obstacles, so SUPA competes in many faculty sports and holds many social events to relieve the stress of exams and assingments. Whether you're looking to play sports or meet other pharmacists, SUPA has you covered.